Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So yes, what?

Maybe, I should talk about myself in my first post, but really, why? Who cares? If you are reading this, probably you don't have (at least right now) anything better to do than  to find out what is waiting for you in the next few lines, or if you are a special case and are considering following this blog (and then I'm really impressed and honored), what is waiting for you in the next few days.

What you are going to find in this blog is whatever it comes to my mind one given day. I will make my duty to write something every day, like any other blogger wannabe. However, I have a good reason to do this, but I will write about this some other day.

This blog will be about nothing and everything. It does not mean to be controversial and opinionated, but I bet it will be (yes, I'm sorry, another one). I promise though, that I won't kill myself to make it like that. I will write about what interests me, so you will follow only if you are interested in it too. I know that I'm not saying anything new, but I don't want to waste your time, there are too many good things to read in this world to spend your time in something that you don't really like.
I am a literature professor. I always tell my students that when they are reading a novel for pleasure, they must quit reading it if by the time they have reached a quarter of it, they are not really into it. We don't have that much time in life to read what others think it is a breathtaking work of art. I will write more extensively about this in the future.

In any case, welcome my friend to this humble blog, which will delight you tomorrow discovering for you a hardcore rock band that will be a sensation some day. Right now, they are recording their first album...
Maybe tomorrow you can decide if you like this blog or not!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! Why didn't you tell me you started a blog???

    This is so cool. The community of Hispanists online is growing. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wanted to see how is it going before I start telling people about it. In fact, I have only told two people about it. My wife and a good friend of mine. I don't know too much about blogging, I only follow two blogs on a regular basis, yours (clarissasblog.com for those reading the comments), and another one about my favoritesoccer team. By the way, how do I follow your blog? Do you know how in blogger there is a button just for that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. On your dashboard, there is a list of "Blogs I follow." You just press 'Add' and enter the blog's url.

    One little observation: research shows that people massively prefer to read blogs that are black letters on white background and massively complain about white letters on black because they are hard to read.

    Can I promote your blog on my blog now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advise! And please do!

    ReplyDelete