Sunday, July 31, 2011

True Blood s04e06 "I Wish I Was the Moon"

Coming up! The last episode of the first half of the fourth season of our favorite vampire's show (well, in fact every other one sucks, because even though Buffy had something, part of that something was to suck big time!) has, for the first time this season, got me very excited and anxious to see the next episode and, of course, the denouement of this spellbinding season.

The first great thing that a lot of fans would appreciate is that the characters have returned to their real Bon Temps familiarity. No more over exaggerated southern accents, no more drastic changes of personality, and no more lame jokes! True Blood is back with the old same awesomeness of previous seasons. Even Eric Northman stopped acting like a semi-retarded nerd (emphasized by the continuos shots showing his lazyright arm -anybody noticed this?) to play an overdramatic repented Viking adolescent who gets, as a prize for his sacrifice at rendering such degradating roles, what it looks by his side a hot dwarf-size Sookie!
Sorry for the spoiler, but anyone following the series could not consider as a spoiler such an episode, especially in a post that, believe me, could be full of them. Everything happens in this chapter and there is no way back. The rollercoaster has reached the peak! Enjoy the ride!

5 comments:

  1. Buffy was the best TV show ever. EVER. Please be kind to Buffy if you don't want to make a sworn enemy out of me. :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't get me wrong! It may not have come out too nice, but what I was referring to was the "B-movie" style of the show, which only great shows as Buffy can bear without looking ridiculous. I consider that a plus, but normally shows made like that tend to suck, you have to admit it. In a vampire's show like Buffy, however, this "sucking" feature rocks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just inspired me to write a post on how Buffy had changed my life (for the better):

    http://clarissasblog.com/2011/08/05/how-buffy-changed-my-life/

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Professor F-B :-) Another True Blood fan, I see. Yay.

    Although at this point, 'fan' is pushing things a bit. Say what you will, Buffy had excellent writing dialogue-wise (carefully specific to the personality of every single lead character) and really quite good acting.

    Compared to that, True Blood really is quite sloppy. You could trade dialogues (except maybe Pam's and some of Lafayette's earlier lines) without anybody noticing. Also, perhaps the actors are deliberately going for the B-grade Hammer kitsch, but Sookie's screeches and the predictable lines are kind of getting to me.

    Pity. It's a fabulous ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rimi,
    I agree with you about the dialogues in TB, but wouldn't you include Jason's parts among the really unique ones too? Just listen to his voice mail greeting, and you'll know what I'm talking about;)

    Also, as a discharge, "B-movie" or "kitsch" does not have to be bad. I like both in the right places!

    ReplyDelete