Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sad, sad day!

Today, Sevilla FC was eliminated from the Europa League by Hannover 96. I cannot comment on the game because I was at work, and therefore could not watch it. I have read the articles about the game in both newspapers and the blogsphere. Everyone coincides that Sevilla deserved more but that is not enough in soccer. I’m almost glad that I did not watch the game, I know I would be even more devastated right now. The only thing that all Sevilla supporters can do right now is keeping their spirits up and think about the next game in La Liga. If we want to think positively,  after 7 consecutive years playing 3 competitions a year, Sevilla will play only two. It will be easier on our players’ legs. However, there is no excuse to either win the cup or at least qualify for the Champions League. In any case, a very sad day…

2 comments:

  1. In my country we say: "If vodka gets in the way of you doing your job, it's time to give up. . .the job." :-)

    It's sad when one can't watch a game because of work. Sorry for your team's loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise people those Ukrainians..!) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete