Monday, August 22, 2011

True Blood s04e09. "Run". Definitely, we are not going to see a threesome.


With Eric jumping over Bill to kill him, a few hours after the latter pardoned the Viking vampire's life, I seriously doubt that Sooki is going to see her dreams come true. Since we are talking about dreams, I have to let out again something that is bothering me this season: the diversity on the director's visions on characters and other recurrent themes in the series. This time the characters kept their personalities, however the dream scene this time was too much of a dream. Normally, these scenes were not shot with the typical blurry diffusing corners as in tonight's episode. I know I am being meticulous, but I can't avoid it. They have to be consistent! The other thing about the dream that I couldn’t avoid thinking is the difficulty of shooting that scene for the three of them. Remember that Bill and Sooki are married in real life, so imagine the awkwardness of the situation. The constant change of directors put me off with the importance of Mavis, the spirit that possesses Lafayette. Last episode, as I wrote last week, made me think she was going to be a pivotal character in the witch vs. vampires plot, but now Mavis’ subplot seems to be closed. I guess with only three more episodes to go, things must start tying all loose ends, and in this season there are many. In any case, a good episode with a huge cliffhanger for the fans.
Finally, I couldn't leave without making a reference to Jason, he is my favorite character as you have probably already noticed, and he finally succumbed to Jessica's irresistible charm on the back of his pick-up truck in this episode! Oh, man, I don't blame him, but what a mess is waiting for poor Jason here!


No comments:

Post a Comment